Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Back In the Habit

I've got to! I am currently at this Conference and this great speaker this morning talked about social media and how it will only continue to grow and become ingrained in our lives! SO, I am recommitting myself to this blog (well, for now as I'm so fired up).

Wedding Updates and Debates!

My mother and I have been having "healthy discussions" or "heated debates" about certain traditions. For example, I don't want to throw a bouquet. I think it says "hey single gals, everyone stand there and be called out that you are in fact SINGLE." Boo, what a downer. Have you seen the Sex and the City where the bouquet smacks Miranda? That's how most of my friends will feel anywho. I say down with throwing the bouquet. Thoughts?

Also, another point of debate is eating. Has anyone been to a wedding where you eat immediately and not wait for the Bride and Groom? Our goal is to get to the party portion of the wedding as soon as possible, but I know some may feel uncomfortable if we're not there yet. What is proper? What will make people feel comfy, but still get to the party?

Lastly, favors. I know, it's a nice gesture. Honestly though, do people want to take home Hershey Kisses? Can't I just save that money we would have spent and donate it to a charity that needs it vs. people forgetting something on the table?

Oh, the debates. Advice is welcome!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! I miss you- thanks for blogging again :) These are all of my personal opinions- when it comes to your wedding...you should do what you want with taking into consideration your parents wants/needs. I think removing- throwing of the bouquet is totally fine, eating before you get there seems a tad strange- I think people will be looking around for where you are, favors- def donate to charity. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sar! I was hoping someone would comment. I agree, I think people will not want to eat without us there. I'm making the executive decision here and saying no dinner before we arrive. (p.s. this was Adam's idea, not mine). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!