Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Success with the Tour!

Ah.... we can breathe.


I've never planned a wedding before, but I imagine this could be potentially similar. A year and a half of your life. Working through financials, trying to find ways to be cost effective, but not skimp too much. All for 1 freaking day. Well, this was like a day and a few hours. So yeah. Similar to wadding.

We were #9 out of 11 on the tour.

Are you loving the spilling of the petunias? I didn't know what a petunia was this time last year.


It was a great experience. It wasn't weird for strangers to walk through the house and make comments. It was kind of nice (in a weird way). And we couldn't have done it without Klare, Tong and Zack on Friday as well my mom and dad, Auntie Janice, Cousin Cathy and Moira on Sunday. Also, of course, April and the kids! Thank you.

First floor picks first. Check out these flowers from The North Market Blooms. THEY were BEAUTIFUL. NMB did an amazing job!



You can also see the view of right when you walk into the house.

Glass tile back splash. We received some super nice comments about these. After agonizing over color, April came right over and said "why don't you just go with frosted glass." Genius.

Nick and Adam did the back splash on MONDAY last week.
I have to admit, a little iffy at first on the artwork below. But it grows on me. Don't you love the black buffet? I finally have a place to store all of the stuff that accumulates on the island. Also check out the CUSTOM roman shades. Kaye made them all.



View from the back door.

I'm just getting started. More pics to come this week! Thank you everyone!

5 comments:

  1. OMGoodness!!!! I LOVE IT! I was thinking and praying for you all weekend long - I was curious how you were doing and was hoping it was a complete success! (Which I knew it would be, because you don't know how to function at any other speed!) Regardless, it looks beautiful!! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I am so impressed- yes I agree sounds like a wedding, now you are ready for the real thing-j/k. I am loving the decorating choices- you are so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the place! You two have worked so hard! Enjoy your beautiful home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously Stew, every time I click on this site I become more and more impressed. The house is beautiful! I absolutely love the kitchen, the backsplash is so modern and clean and sets off the cabinets so well. Way to go Adam and Abbe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I can never figure out how to do these posts. The one above is me :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!