Saturday, July 18, 2009

Tour of Homes - Here we Come!

Happy Weekend everyone! Many of you know and many do not know, but we have decided to sign up for the Victorian Village Tour of Homes with the stipulation that we can close off the basement. I have big dreams for the basement, but those big dreams require some fat cash and we are going to save a bit before we jump in head first.... again. We're slowly finishing up the little things to get ready for the tour, but also taking some time to relax!


Last evening was an evening we have been waiting for.... I met Tong at the best happy hour spot ever - Bodega and then leisurely strolled back home to find a cozy couch, a lazy dog and a fabu boyfriend, armed with popcorn, Skittles and recorded movies on the HD DVR!
Although I've blocked out most of the bad times we had with this house renovation, I did go through some "before" pictures and found these lovely pictures of the evening the ceiling came down.
Brother and boyfriend with crow bars in hand (which I just noticed they are dressed alike... apparently khaki and white is not only the cheesy family picture attire, but also acceptable demolition attire).


I came home from a business trip and found this awaiting me.... I was a little, um, distraught (hence arms crossed with scowl that you can't see so well).



But it was all worth it. Check it out now.... Beautiful white wood work (thank you Kaye). The mantel was custom built by Dan our Door man, the couch (see previous post), our diggity dawg and tiled fireplace (thank you Nick).
The hunt for a coffee table and chair to complete the living area is on!

2 comments:

  1. I keep growing more and more impressed with you guys. I think I would sit down and cry if I walked into Exhibit A. And I think I'd sit down and sip a glass of champagne in Exhibit E. Its so beautiful Abbs, you should be so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you anonymous! There have been plenty of tears, don't you worry. Many more good times to come though!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!