Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Curtains! It's curtains for ya...

Now... those that know me know that I don't have a domestic bone in my body. I couldn't sew a button to save my life. But thank goodness Kaye is Mrs. Domestic and has offered to make our window coverings! Not only will we get to pick our own fabric, but we will get to choose the exact style and size (and save a little moolah too). Who knew that I could get excited about fabric?

Here are some ideas for our bedrooms and main floor. We want to go with modern patterns, something not too flashy, but that brings a little somethin' somethin' to the room.



We also have to go with something that is neutral enough so when we decorate the rest of the room, there isn't too much going on.



I have found that I am drawn to Robert Allen at home fabrics. Bob and I met yesterday and I'm a huge fan. Even though I had to comb through millions of competitors, Bob kept coming out on top.


We are going with Flat Roman Shades for our window treatments. We want to make sure that we can let the light in whenever we want. I do like Hobbled Roman Shades.... but you've got to go super neutral since they're very layered (doesn't the word hobbled make you think of hobbits or at least make you giggle?)

Who's pumped about fabric?! The anti-domestic girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away!