Sunday, February 6, 2011

Half Marathon Training Starts Tomorrow!

This past week I accomplished my goal of doing 5 for 7 - working out 5 of the 7 possible days...YAY. I did a mixture of running, spinning and strength and I'm feeling pretty good at this point.

Half marathon training begins tomorrow! I like to call the race the "halfie" and I really believe that if I keep up my commitment to training, I could possibly get a PR....it's early, I know, but I'm feeling pretty good. I downloaded a training plan online and the first week holds the following:

Monday - Strength and Strengthen - I'll probably do some warm up on the AMT and then full body circuits
Tuesday - 3 miles
Wednesday - 2 miles or cross train
Thursday - 3 miles + strength
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 5 miles
Sunday - Rest or cross train

I highly doubt that I will follow this to the letter; but as long as I make sure I get the long runs in, I think I should be a-okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away!