Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Vhading Planning! (Read “Wedding Planning” in Franck voice)

Well, I’ve never really considered myself a “girly girl.” I tried tap and jazz, even a hand at singing and acting back in the day, but then I found out A) I was tone deaf (scratch singing career…and without singing, might as well scratch acting) and B) I needed something to use up all of my hyper energy (various forms of dancing were not enough I guess). Thus, I became a jock. See ya later tball and any form of sport that required standing for periods of time and hello swimming, water polo and lacrosse. I needed something social and anti-ADD.

What does all of this have to do with wedding planning? I guess the Sporty Spiceness in me explains why I’ve never gotten too amped up about the Big Day? Falling in love, yes. Finding a bff (best friend forever) who loves me through thick and thin (and vice versa) and who makes me a better person, yes. Planning parties, yes, I LOVE parties. But getting super stressed out and worrying about providing people with a silly favor? No. Freaking out about shoes that my friends are wearing? Nope. Making sure that every person and family member in the world I know is happy for an 8 hour event? Geesh, really? Hence my approach to the wedding planning. I’m definitely trying to be laid back, but frankly, there are some things I don’t give a rats behind about…is that bad?

I plan on updating this thing with some plans and I am excited (of course) for this entire shebang, but I have to say, my mantra is “if at the end of the day, Adam and I are married, we’ve accomplished our goal” and the big bonus is that everyone had a great time. Oh, and that it was captured through glorious pictures…. Okay, maybe I’m not as laid back as I thought?

If you’re looking to get slightly offended, but have a good laugh, check out this hilarious blog - Brides Who Mean Business. You will definitely be offended or you will laugh your bum off. I did the latter.

2 comments:

  1. You are too cute! This is why we love to follow your bloggie-blog abs! Keep us updated when you feel like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the upcoming wedding!! When is the big day?

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!