Saturday, February 14, 2009

Is it Spring yet???

Who's ready? I sure am! Between the snow, the rain and the high winds, I have just about had it with this crappy weather. Move away from Ohio you say... one day we may. But for now, we'll keep our families close and enjoy our labor of love.

During the carpet day and when it felt like the snow would never melt, we met some friends. These big fat arse robin's were chirping all day and it was glorious! Aren't these birds some sign of Spring?! How did they get so freaking fat you may ask? Who knows, but they sure brightened our day!
This guy, I'll name him Harold, was right outside our bedroom window. He looks coooollld.


This the view of the courtyard in the back from our window. Aidan likes to call it "the castle" with the wrought iron gate and brick wall. All of those black shapes are the big fat birds!

I love that you can see the ice on the trees.

Tis cold today still... but the snow has melted, wahoo! Enjoy your V-day everyone. Ours will be filled with finalizing our closet organizer and cleaning. We're almost there!

3 comments:

  1. You could move to Birmingham and sit outside in February and plant paperwhite bulbs in a t-shirt. :) Viva la South!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, I'm jealous! I like your daffodils too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am over winter - it looks so pretty out today, in fact I stepped out in my yoga capris and a tiny sweatshirt zippy - and then I realized the sun was lying to me - it was only 30 degrees! I'm done, done, done! Bring on the sun . . .and the heat!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!