Saturday, March 3, 2012

my husband, the perfectionist

I went away for the weekend to spend some time with fabulous girlfriends in Chicago and came home to a wonderful surprise...tons of progress on the basement! Now, to the naked eye, you may think "this looks pretty much the same" but I assure you that lots of work went into that weekend. Thanks to my father-in-law and brother-in-law, most all of the framing is complete. (Those pink walls are insulation...which is key in a basement that could potentially be cold).

Almost all of the HVAC has been re-done to create more head space when we input a new ceiling.
Intricate!
Yes, that's a Donato's pizza box in our duct work...thanks to my brother-in-law. Hilar, but it will be replaced with the real stuff.
How did they frame around those little windows?
The gaping hole has been filled with gravel (and plumbed to perfection). This was due to assistance from Jesse, Smitty and Price.
Walls! Adam continues to work on the plumbing.
He set up a little peg board for his tools. You may think Partee doesn't necessarily = meticulous perfection, but I assure you he is going to eek out every single bit of space out of this basement.
We are about 8 weeks away from baby! Time is a ticking, but I have confidence that we'll make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away!