Thursday, March 5, 2009

goodness, gracious, GRANITE

Granite day may have been one of my most favorite days of this entire project. Not only is granite cool and kinda quirky, but for us, it symbolized "the home stretch." Not that I didn't like Adam's visual effects of our cardboard granite, but to have the real deal live and in color in the house..... it provided a day of smiles.


Here we are with the kitchen granite - Cosmos Brown - accompanied by a stainless steel double bowl 16 gauge sink and a goose neck kohler faucet. Although this is granite's show, I must admit that the faucet is pretty flippin sweet too. It pulls out into a sprayer with different sprays! And we strategically placed the soap dispenser on the side where the non-dishwasher dishes will be washed. Call me naive, but hello, dish detergent! Genius.


I also love the bigger bowl and smaller bowl. I'm sure dirty dishes will pile up - I AM living with Adam here - but the right side can be for cleaning... look for vegetables from our garden on the right side someday!

View of the island granite (look, there's Tom our inspector in the background! His famous line is "now, I don't care watcha do..." usually followed by some sort of thing we have to do, e.g. keep it up to code, yada yada, blabbity boo.) I told Tom he'd have a cameo in the blog!

View of the island - check out the reflection of the light!
Picture of the kitchen with granite. Sorry it's so messy! We're still in a bit of a construction zone.




The bathroom! This granite is Giallo Ornamental. We had second thoughts when we visited the granite graveyard to approve our templates, but I. LOVE. IT. The pictures do not do it justice! I also like our one handled kohler forte faucet.

The double vanity! Our house was not made for one, but by golly, we created it. (Again, sorry for the mess! It won't look like this when you visit).

Thank you Lowe's and Marble & Graniteworks. Excellent installation and customer service.

Go Granite Go! It will be in the house for-ev-er.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This looks SO FANTASTIC! I cannot even stand it! Yall are doing such a great job! Yall certainly seem to be on the home-stretch! Yay for your beautiful home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! WOW!! Abs it is beautiful - your kitchen is PERFECT, I'm super jealous!! Your bath is my most favorite - I love love love love love (did I mention that I LOVE) the granite you chose for your bath! Beautiful!! Congrats - can't wait to see it in real life!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work!!

    Granite bath tiles, which has been so prevalent in the last five years has seen it's peak. Of course, it will always be relevant as it is a natural product. Granite is next only to diamonds in stiffness. It is only the best work exterior obtainable. Its refined end will not wear off. Unlike marble, synthetic and laminate countertops, granite countertops will not blister, scratch or crack; and they are very stain challenging.

    ReplyDelete

Comment away!